By Wendy Blease
An Indian Head Massage will last approximately 30 minutes, although the benefits gained through receiving the treatment may last considerably longer.
Indian head massage includes the massage of the shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp, face and ears, which is a wonderfully relaxing therapy that is safe and very effective at relieving aches, pains, stress and rebalancing energy flow to provide a deep sense of peace, calm and tranquillity. There is no need to undress to receive the treatment.
Fragranced head oils may also be used with an Indian head massage, which can enhance the treatment and has the added benefits of leaving your hair once washed in wonderful condition.
Indian head massage stimulates the scalp and be beneficial for hair growth and scalp conditions
Indian head massage is given to you whilst in a seated position, which is especially beneficial for those who find lying on a couch uncomfortable.
Indian Head Massage is a complementary treatment, which should not be viewed as an alternative to conventional medicine.
Here are a few benefits which are associated with Indian head massage, both
physical and psychological ranging from short to long term ones, the affect of which can have a positive impact on all aspects of your life.
•Relieves muscle tension and improves mobility in the upper body and neck.
*Improves blood circulation around the head and neck area assisting with the
exchange of carbon dioxide nutrients and oxygen.
• Improves *lymphatic drainage from the head and neck so assisting with the
removal of waste and toxins.
• Relaxes the body so improving mental concentration.
• Relieves eyestrain.
• Reduces congestion and a number of sinus related problems.
•Relieves headaches, migraines and other similar psychological ailments.
• Helps to reduce stress mental tension and anxiety.
• Helps to alleviate insomnia.
• Revitalises and clears the mind, which in turn improves concentration and
• Promotes a deep and lasting sense of peace, calm and tranquillity
When not to undertake a head massage
• When you have cancer
• When suffering from high or low blood pressure.
• When suffering from food poisoning.
• After accidents, injuries, or surgery involving the head, neck or upper back.
• If suffering from a localised infectious skin disorder around the areas to be worked on.
•When under the influence of alcohol.
•If suffering from any severe inflammation.
• When suffering from infectious diseases e.g. typhoid, diphtheria etc.
* Because of the massage of Lymph nodes
As always with holistic therapies ensure your therapist is insured and qualified, regular treatments can and will enhance your experience, and may bring long- term benefits.
Wendy Blease is a Reiki Master Teacher
and Holistic Therapist from the United Kingdom
with over 20 years of healing experience.
Wendy is qualified in Usui, Kundalini,
Sekhem & Crystal Reiki Master/Instructor,
Reiki Healer, Spiritual Healer and Teacher,
Holistic Therapist in Indian/ Tibetan Head Massage
and Hopi Ear Candling.